Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals Thread
View Single Post
04-15-2013, 01:41 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
Let me rephrase that, there good players in their own right, but if were going to give up something of significance for one of the big 4, i'd want it to be for Hall. He fits a positional need for this team where as the other guys we seem to be good for now. Not that i wouldn't want just prefer Hall over everyone else
I can understand that. However, I think one could argue that RW or center is also a need. With Richards playing himself into a buyout, and most internal options several years away from being reliable top-six centers, I would think that the org would welcome a one-two-punch of Stepan and RNH down the middle.

Also, if Nash-Stepan-Callahan is going to stick, that leaves a hole on the 2nd line RW. As highly as I view Fast, I don't think he's going to fill that role as effectively in the short term as Eberle or Yakupov would.

Which side Nash is going to play ultimately has a lot to do with where the holes are in the forward group. Personally, I think Eberle would be a coup for this team. Great skill, right-handed shot, and has that "clutch factor" that you just can't teach. Yakupov has huge scoring upside as well. Hall, while very talented, plays a game that his body may not be suited for.