View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Please re-read Sutter's quotes after the game. And, furthermore Richards started playing with Nolan and King right from the start and virtually all of the game and for several games after. Moreover, you're ice time stats are just absurd -- here are the facts:

TOI - ES

JW 16.50
AK 16.27
DB 16.20
AL 14.53
KC 14.47
JN 14.16
MR 14.06
DK 13.45
TL 13.45
BR 08.31
CF 08.10
TH 07.09

It is easy to distinguish the first and fourth lines -- the second and third lines -- no -- which is fairly normal. Moreover there is 1 1/2 minutes of ot distorting the numbers a bit. Keep trying though...
My ice time stats aren't obsurd. They aren't even mine, they come from the NHL's website. If your above ES ice time stats are indeed accurate (I don't have them, so I'll take your word for it) then I'll bow to your knowledge on this issue. I also have not seen Sutter's post-game quotes, so I can't comment on those either.

Essentially though, this is all a sideshow to the real issue, mainly on whether or not Bud was way down the depth chart or not. Bottom line is, heding into camp, there were two open roster spots until Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter came into the scene, which was after Holloway left for Sweden. He'd have had a chance to beat those guys in camp for a spot. And frankly, if Holloway couldn't compete to those two, he didn't deserve to be in the NHL and on a one-way deal anyways. King and Nolan couldn't, seeing as they didn't beat out Moreau and Hunter in camp, so if you're going to say that Holloway couldn't beat out either of them (especially Hunter since he was on a try-out until he made the team and then was signed to a contract) then really, did DL make an error on not giving him a one-way deal?

The answer is no. And, as I've said all along, neither did Bud make a mistake going to Europe. It really is possible for two people to make opposite decisions and it be the right one for each of them. I've said this all along, I don't really understand your desire to hammer away at the belief DL did some large disservice to the team but not giving in to Bud.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote