View Single Post
04-15-2013, 04:38 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm not "blaming" the system, I'm agreeing with what Flying Kostitsyn said - that Price and Gorges are being exposed more as a result of the system. That doesn't mean it's not their own responsibility to play better too. I just think it's important to understand there's reasons.
I can give you two reasons.

-Hal Gill made Gorges look better, Hal is always in position and very strong on his skates. He's slow yes but he knows how to position himself so he won't get caught. The problem is Gorges has one if not the slowest acceleration on the team. When compared with Subban who takes 2-3 strides to go top speed, Gorges takes about 8-9 strides.

-Carey needs someone to push his button so he can succeed. I don't like his laid back attitude, you gotta have drive and enthusiasm. Huet pushed Price, Halak pushed Price. Ironically both Huet and Halak played butter but were traded. I don't think Budaj pushes Price, Budaj knows his role as a backup so Price isn't worried. I'm not saying that Price isn't a star, he's got potential, but its time to achieve that potential. You don't get paid 6.5 mil per yr for 6 yrs just on potential. You need to show it. I fear Price will choke like Luongo.