View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
I think we don't have good scouts for Sweden and Finland, hence why the ones we do draft come out of the CHL. Plus Dean seems to prefer NA kids, we draft them most then oddly enough Russians.
Well the Kings really only have 2 scouts in all of Europe and Asia as opposed to 6 based U.S.. I'm sure Futa and Yannetti get tape or take a trip once in a while to scout a guy they are really interested in. But it's really just Woodcroft and Ruuttu fulltime, which is a huge amount of ground to cover. Honestly it just doesn't appear to be to big of concern though. Most of the picks the Kings have made out of Europe have been pretty solid.

Whenever this topic comes up I always bring up that if nothing else the Kings seem to be very good at identifying players that have a desire and are dedicated to coming over to North America and try to make the Kings. Even players signed as free agents or obtained in trade like Dravecky, Ersberg, Mikus, and Franson have been willing to come over and adapt to and learn the NA game.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote