View Single Post
04-15-2013, 10:57 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Not that I'm saying we should trade Schneider, but I think Vancouver should at least be listening to offers on him if Luongo is really as unmoveable as all that.

So, following in line with the Bishop-Conacher trade, I think trading him for something around a young top-6er or potential top-6er would make the most sense for us.

Some guys I would be looking at:

Ryan Strome
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Would a deal around one of these players(or someone else?) make sense for the other team?
Well the Caps and Leafs seem to have young goalies worth keeping for now, so I think you can cancel out Kuznetsov and JVR. Calgary needs goaltending, but they also lack star power up front. They simply need to acquire draft picks and build up depth, so Baertschi is someone they should keep even if it means missing out on a goalie.

That leaves Henrique, Couturier, and Strome. Will Marty come back? That does matter. Is Bryz done in Philly? I am not so sure he is despite so much chatter. He was hung out to dry a lot. Strome is a great young prospect, but perhaps the Isles would part with him? I vote Strome most likely, but I also think Lu is moving and not Schneider.

OntheBackcheck is offline   Reply With Quote