View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 10:28 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Kudos sir. After two seasons of 30th I was like yea this guy has no idea how to build a team.
I am trying to find the thread--one problem with me (fill in own joke here) is with my posting it is hard to find some of my threads. I am not sure is it was 4 years ago or a year into tambo reign I created a thread--which I got somewhat raked over the coals by some-- where I brought up why he had been passed over by so many teams.

Tambo was in Vancouver when Quinn was running the joint and when Quinn left and Burke was made boss, Tambo got a bump in title, he was part of the Nonis-McPhee-Tambo trifecta of three assistant GMS and under Burke all three were always being mentioned as being interviewed for the GM spot and after Mcphee got his job and I think it was Tony Gallagher who wrote an article about why Tambo kept getting short listed for the big chair--but teams were concerned about his ability to run a team. I am looking for the thread and as a I recall, many people had the same concern I did at the time--other had faith with him