View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeety mcjeet View Post
I guess what I'm saying is Lowe and MacT are not solely to blame for the situation we found our self in. We had a ownership that was willing to sacrifice the future to stay afloat. Well, the future came and it wasn't pretty. I'd trust MacT and Lowe over someone like Burke in this situation, MacT more so.
Meddling ownership was a problem throughout those years.

But Lowe/Mact were instrumental in all the terrible decisions that occurred during that time. Bad trades, poorly utilized assets both on and off the ice, gong-show UFA acquisitions/attempted acquisitions, utter failure in cap projections, universally terrible talent evaluations, etc etc. You don't get as bad as the Oilers became because an ownership group that hasn't been around since 2008, not to mention even if the EIG was willing to sacrifice the future to stay afloat, the decisions on what players to invest in to accomplish that goal were terrible.

Mact/Lowe deserve no trust, and burke was never the right guy for the situation either. This team needs Ray Shero, not the old boys club or another blustering egomaniac.

Last edited by Tarus: 04-15-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote