View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Exactly.. we could be the Florida Panthers next year. The goal is to become like the Bruins, Penguins, Blackhawks and Red Wings + Devils (now starting to falter). A team that has a chance to win year in and year out.
Or you can go the Flyers and Rangers route.. which only has one year of magic, then a bunch of puzzling years where you're left wondering what the hell is going on.

If this team isn't meant to do it as is this year, you adjust in the off season, identify the weak spots and make the necessary moves to ensure that this team is an elite team going forward. If we fall flat on our faces in the play-offs and next season.. all that means is we rode a half-season hot streak, which is enough because it was a shortened season.
Exactly. I'm tired of waiting for us to have a flukey season. We finally have a good core and we should add to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
You think tonight's loss was just another loss? That it wasn't significant for a multitude of reasons, one of which (unexpected) is that the leafs might pass us?

This wasn't just another game, this was a character game, so I don't see why you think come playoffs, we would respond differently. The team had a mission. They failed MISERABLY. It's justified to be livid about the team's play or worried at the least. I wish the team played with some pride (save 3-4 players). Not sure what you mean by posting that we should have pride. It's THAT we have pride that is causing the discussions about what we need to change, cuz sans Emelin...this D sucks.
This team has answered the bell all year long. We haven't had a three game losing streak this season yet. It had to happen at some point. Let's not be overly dramatic here.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote