View Single Post
Old
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Mad Habber

vCash: 500
About Sevigny, I remember that Mario Tremblay or was it Demers, complaining to him "how long has it been since you scored a goal" It had been a long time, but I also remember poor Pierre only ever played one or two shifts per game if he was lucky. Poor guys feet were probably frozen, his butt asleep, when he got on the ice.

As for Ed Ronan, this guy does not belong in this list. He played on the 93 team and got his ring. He wasn't a great scorer, but he worked.
Two little stories about him. I will always remember an icing call, I think it was against Buffalo, it wa in 93, could have been NYI. Anyways Mtl would have been called for icing, and I think Ronan jumped on the ice for a line change, barely beat the Buf player for the puck and past it out front to I think Guy Carbonneau who shot the puck in the net. Just great hussle on that play.

The other little story comes from the year before. He was a mid-season call-up during a rash of injuries. He gets on the team bus, then Pat Burns who was the coach at the time stops him and tells him fans aren't allowed on the bus. He had to explain to his coach who he was.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote