View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj View Post
Really, by waiting so late and creating a very short turnaround time, the game at that point becomes a buyer's market because there's so few interested parties that can be ready to host an NHL team in a few months. If you're the potential Quebec owner, you better have some good insider information on how prepared Seattle are to bid, because if you can find out they don't plan on putting in a serious offer, you don't have to pay the NHL what they want to get from you. Where else are they going to go?
Yes, its an interesting thing to consider. Its just possible PKP's playing hardball with Bettman & the NHL, though to what extent if at all is difficult to imagine let alone ascertain. He clearly wants an NHL franchise and in a big way. As QC is app the same size as Winnipeg, I cant imagine the league would want to ding him for much more than what they paid including the Relo Fee, though I suppose they might tack on a bit more. Just no idea really. We know that the old Colisee's been upgraded, new boards, glass, mechanicals & so on, completed last summer. Peladeau also stepped away from the Chairmanship of Quebecor a few months ago, claiming he wanted to devote more time to other interests, so I suppose if one follows those events & activities, certainly gives credence to the suggestion that QC will soon be home to the Coyotes. I dont know. Maybe theres been blowback from the Canadian franchises, NBC, is it price (?), perhaps another unknown market....