View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
van der Vaart new captain at Hamburg. That should be fun with all the rumours around his personal life right now
Even before the Mainz result, I was very happy with that decision. Appointing Westermann as captain has not worked, neither for Schalke nor for HSV. In my opinion, Westermann is a player who has to work hard enough on his own performance and should not be given additional responsibility, while van der Vaart might even need additional motivation to perform up to his talent.

His involvement with Ms Boulahrouz is indeed amusing. When he returned to Hamburg, it seemed to be common knowledge that it was primarily Sylvie's wish; Tottenham is more ambitious than HSV and paid him more. Now I have heard a rumour that he became more and more annoyed with his wife's career, since she did not spend much time with their son, and tried to allieviate the situation by moving to Hamburg. After it obviously did not work out, they split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Looks like serious discussions in Freiburg over a new stadium given how ****** the current one is. If it's built, 35,000 capacity apparently
While I appreciate Freiburg for another brilliant season with young players and little money involved (I even think Streich and not Heynckes should be coach of the year), I generally oppose any public spending for arenas or other professional football matters. Since the City of Freiburg plans on buidling the new stadion, I hope these plans falter before more taxpayers' monies are wasted. At least for the new stadium SC Freiburg should pay the bill!

Gruß,
BSHH