Thread: International: U18 WJC - Roster discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beichi10 View Post
Compared to the Canadian roster it's the same as at the U20 WJC. I expect Germany not to have a chance in most of the games. The best player by far is of course Leon Draisaitl. But the others play in German Juniors and Oberliga (+ two guys from the 2nd Bundesliga) which is not even close to the CHL level.

However, I don't know much about them. I only saw Fabio Pfohl three or four times this year. But I can neither remember him scoring nor was he an outstanding player. Still, I'm curious to see what these kids can do at the WJC.
I am very excited about this tournament, and I hope I can find some streams for the games.

One guy I am very high on is Max Kammerer. I am probably overrating him, since I have only seen him play once and the rest of my personal hype for this kid is purely based on stats and the fact that he is playing in a men's league at his age, albeit not a very good league.

I also like our goalies, and we're gonna need them. I guess that Reich or Weitzmann will be the number 1 goalie, or maybe they share that role and split the starts.

Our defense excites and worries me at the same time. There is not a lot of size or physicality there, although they're not exactly sof either, but there is some offensive potential there. Tim Bender, Janik Möser and Jonas Müller can contribute offensively, if they get a chance.

The forwards are interesting. Of course Draisaitl is the best player on the team and only Kahun is even coming close to him. Beyond those two there seems to be a lot of grit and role players but I hope that guys like Kammerer, Tuomie, Eisenschmid, Michaelis and Gollenbeck can provide some offense to take some of the pressure from Leon and Dominik.

All in all I think there is chance for this team to compete with Switzerland and Slovakia in the group stage.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote