View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Breakfast of Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Bump.

Much discussion around the Avs board about who they might end up with. Most still want Jones, but the team's recent surge is lessening the chances of being able to draft him.

That has left many people wondering who the next best choice would be. MacKinnon or Drouin? I think there are valid answers for both.

But, one thing Avs fans continue to question is position. This draft is somewhat rare in that the top 3 is going to offer a center, a winger and a D. Avs need a D, and don't really need a C with Duchene, Stastny and O'Reilly already down the middle.

So, the big question for me is....can MacKinnon play, develop properly and thrive as a winger in the NHL?
I know he's played there in the past (including at the WJC), but would it be a mistake to put him on the wing?

I'm not going to lie, him on a line with guys like Landeskog and Duchene would be pretty damn fun to watch next season.

Hypotheically, his game is very well suited for the wing. He is an explosive, powerful skater who has a quick release and a nose for the net. He isn't afraid to battle aglong the boards for the puck either.

Having said that, 2 of the worst performances I have ever seen MacKinnon have (game 1 of the super series, WJC), were two of the only times I've seen him play wing.

I'm really not sure if its a good idea to mess with such a good thing to move him to the wing.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote