View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He's a terrible goalie and just like their shooting %.. it will all average back to a normal level. Leafs are in for a rude awakening soon.

Which is what is happening to us. Statistically we were scoring the first goal more often than not. That is starting to balance out and we're a completely different hockey team.
Considering the shot differential the Leafs have, I wouldn't say he's a terrible goalie. In any case, I did preface the comment with "this year." He has solid numbers now, especially his save percentage, which is at .925. He basically won the game for the Leafs against the Devils.

But, the guy has to play 60 games in a season for anyone to get a decent judge of him, and so far he hasn't been able to do that. He gets injured a lot.

The short season definitely helps the Leafs because I don't think their numbers are sustainable over an 82 game season, but I also think the same about us. Over an 82 game schedule, we'd be at mid-season now, and I feel like the team is wearing down.

A short season hurts a team like the Flyers who I think would've put themselves into a playoff position given 34 more games. It sucks too that they're going to get a top 10 pick, and probably get Nurse or Ristolainen.