View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
I actually feel more uncomfortable playing without protection with the looming threat of a serious injury.

Most of the modern protective gear are made so well they don't significantly hinder players movements anyway.
I disagree, I personally used to wear Bauer Shoulder Pads that I purchased in 2011...I find that I lose mobility and feel significantly hindered in finding the puck while wearing the shoulder pads, I feel completely top heavy and cannot make quick movements if the puck is near me...I play for 3 teams full time year round and average about 70 games per Winter, since I made the decision to stop wearing shoulder pads my range of motion has increased dramatically, im able to pick the puck up a lot quicker and just feel more confident with the puck.

My goal scoring has gone up dramatically and my puck location/sonar is a lot better...with that said, I don't recommend people not wear shoulder pads...Im an idiot as I'm the type of player who blocks shots and im always concerned about catching a puck to the chest and getting seriously heart...i've started just covering my chest with my gloves when attempting to block a shot.

Maybe I just haven't found the right shoulder pads but the brand new bauers i purchased a few years back just completely bog me down.