View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
When I said I would give up almost anything for Weber, I wouldn't give that up.
Yeah, I mean Voracek's value wasn't as high last year--but still, that's a crazy ask.

Assuming that only Jake and Giroux are untouchable at this point (and I think Voracek basically is), I think any package for Weber starts with ether:

B. Schenn + L. Schenn +

or

Couturier + 2013 1st +

Couturier + Coburn or Coburn + 2013 1st doesn't get it done, in my opinion, unless we're tacking additional significant assets on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I have to say, I have never been a fan of Carchidi. He has been wrong more than he has been right. I don't fully trust his reports. I am not saying these because it disputes what I said either, he has been wrong many times. Or at least his "source" has been wrong.
He's more likely to know the intricacies of the Flyers-Predators discussions than Dreger--right? I've never been impressed with Dreger's sources when it comes to the Flyers.

If Couturier and Schenn had been the two major pieces, I think the Flyers would have swapped one out and found a way to make a deal. Nashville's ask had to be insane in order for the Flyers to pass after getting Weber to sign the O.S. The above package makes sense, in that regard.