View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensRPureAwesomeness View Post
Friendly Sens fan...

We've all been pleasantly dumbfounded by Erik Karlsson's speedy recovery from a nasty achilles injury. His prognosis was 3-4 months [best case scenario] and he appears to be way ahead of schedule. No guarantees on him playing this year, but no one can say they aren't shocked to see him back on skates less than 2 months post-op.

Now comes word that Jared Cowen draws back in to the Sens lineup tonight! His prognosis after hip surgery back in November was 6-8 months, but here he is, ready to go, only 5 months later.

I've always been surprised by Max Pacioretty's ability to quickly recover from seemingly devastating injuries. I wonder if the trainers in Ottawa got a hold of some of Pacioretty's sweat and spiked Karlsson & Cowen's Gatorade.

Spezza hasn't been seen around the team in ages. Obviously, someone needs to find him and give him a sip.
Teams always go for a longer prediction. No point in saying it's possible for him to return in 3-4months when the safest predictions say 6-8. I mean, imagine you let your team and fans think all this time it's possible, and then it takes longer? All that crap would fall on you, just like it happened to Gauthier here regarding Markov.

However, I still doubt that Karlsson will play. I know people that have had the same injury, it's one thing to skate on it a bit with probably some kind of brace inside the skate. It's another to go all out at high speed. Keep your hopes down, it'll be a smaller fall if ever you don't see him.