View Single Post
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The Dane hasnt been THAT bad like some are saying. He hasnt been outstanding, but overall looks like a 6th defender, which most ( I think) expected. I dont think he has looked worse than say Foster or Gervias.
He hasn't been bad at all, IMO.

When Kevin Marshall got thrown into the NHL, it was an ugly sight. He was 10 seconds behind the play at all times, was a positional nightmare, and handled the puck like it was a grenade.

Those are the signs of a guy who has absolutely no NHL potential and I have not seen those signs with the Dane.

The guy has decent puck moving skills and a nice shot to boot. also you have to respect his aggressive game, he seems like a guy who knows how to use his size. I would like to see him use these assets more often but obviously you need to stay on a short leash and earn confidence from the coach.

A rookie defenseman not looking like a stalwart in the d-zone in his first 9 games? Color me surprised.

He may not be anything special but I think he can be an NHLer down the line. It's just a matter of opportunity and progress.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote