View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I'd want at least three firsts (two of which relatively proven), or if failing one of those 1sts, a roster player that can make an impact in my top 6 or top 4 immediately...

So basically the packages I said if not slightly more...

Really...

Coburn + 1st 2013 (top 10) + 1st 2014/Laughton + Cousins

That's a pretty awesome package.

I am done with deals like this. We need to build through the draft rather than give up our high picks and assets. We have a very good young core here and need to keep building around it. Do you really think that adding that one stud player is going to put us in cup contention? You just gave up five players, four who could have a major impact on this club for years. Heck, I would keep the four and move Coburn for a young player or decent pick or picks if need be. By moving assets and future high picks also ties your hands up down the road when you are one player away from being a cup contender and want to make a move. I hope the Flyers are on the right track this time and make the smart play by adding young talent and making the smart moves vs the big splash. Homer started something in 2011 and he needs to stay the course.