Thread: Player Discussion: Jason Pominville Part II
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

Thought last night was his first good game with the Wild. If he can keep that up, Wild will be able to get their playoff spot.

I wonder though, he seems to get tossed around a lot, much like Parise. He's not short but seems a little small. Granted both of these guys are tough enough to play through it, but I can't help but wonder if having him and Parise on the same line could cause problems due to lack of size?
Not physical might be the right word. I can say that his two best seasons scoringwise he played 5-on-5 with, in 07-08 big bodied two-way LW Jochen Hecht, at that time pretty gifted playmaker Jeff Connolly and while he was injured Clarke MacArthur of all people. In 11-12 he played 5-on-5 with inconsistent goal scorer Thomas Vanek and offensively underperforming playmaker Derek Roy.'

He fits in pretty much everywhere but cant really pull a line by himself, although last season he definietely hit his peak and was better than ever by himself. Normally needs someone to either share defensive responsibilites, or goalscoring, the first one i feel is most important. It is interesting though that he had a big bodied LW with him both seasons, although he handily outscored the two both times. Hecht was by the way overall an almost constant companion with him. Pominville is somewhat of an enigma really, heh.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 04-16-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote