View Single Post
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Melrose's Mullet
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hockey Talker29 View Post
Definitely The Cat for me, although my bias is quite significant.

The 92 and 93 Leaf teams were my first real experiences as a Leaf fan. I was six during the first run, so I immediately fell in love with the team, while Felix became my favourite player of all time.

I actually own a signed jersey of all five NHL teams he played on.

I despised Cujo for replacing my favourite player, but I have to admit that he put on some great performances here as well. I just always felt that Cujo could only succeed as an underdog, when little was expected of him. Once he was expected to succeed, his game would usually falter. His playoff stats usually back that up, since he typically dominated the first round, before having his play tail-off.

For my money, Potvin was the better pressure goalie. But the margin between the two is thin, no matter what side you're on.
Agree with this 100%.

I had a white Potvin jersey that I received as a birthday gift when I was around 8 years old. I eventually met him outside of the Gardens and he signed it for me. I wore that thing all the time. I even wore it to the Bell Centre a few years back and though we lost 2-0 I still got mad respect from Habs fans for it. I left it in the backseat of my car in the driveway of my parents' place in Mississauga (not a rough neighbourhood by any stretch of the imagination) and then it got swiped in the middle of the night. I'll never get it back and it's essentially of no value to anyone other than myself. It still really rattles my cage to think I'll never see that again.

*Apologies for not multiquoting.

Melrose's Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote