Thread: Speculation: Who should we draft?
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
before you take anything i say to seriously, I have not seen any of these guys LIVE. ive only watch videos, highlights and read some reports and comments on their play. this is what I've gathered.

when it comes to who has the most offensive potential its drouin, mackinnon, then barkov.

mackinnon is the best fit for us if we can get him. he seems to be a pretty much sure-fire #1 center along the lines of tavares. mackinnon is very good defensively and at faceoffs. this is the best fit for us going forward.

drouin has the most offensive potential and can literally make something happen out of an inch of space. great at all aspects offensively.

barkov has the ceiling of a #1 center but doesn't seem to be as much of a guarantee. could see him more of a tweener and becoming a great two-way 2nd line center that could play 1st line. barkov was recently injured .. had surgery on shoulder and should be out a couple of months. don't know if that could affect his draft stock.

if we're at #3 and mackinnon is gone, i think we must take drouin even though we badly need a center.. you just don't pass up a guy like drouin. we really need to nab a top 3 pick. i really like lindholm, too. but everyone would obviously take mackinnon before him.
Thanks NNC!
I think after reading stuff as well, we have to go with mackinnon or drouin. Barkov could be risky especially with surgery he just had, and Lindholm and monahan are great prospects but bit guarantees. I think drouin or mackinnon would be the guy to build the offense around. Imagine we got a star sniper locked up longterm like weber and rinne?!?! Unstoppable!!

''Prey''ing for mackinnon or drouin!!