View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I had probably 6 or 7 very good shots on goal, all high, going blocker and glove side. He got in front of all of them, although one trickled through and a couple made for nice rebounds. I wonder if I took all those shots low if I'd be doing any better.

It almost feels like I want to score up high, so I shoot up high, but they get stopped, and then I feel even more resolved to beat the goalie up high, so I keep chasing and chasing that shot, even if it's not there. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

The one year I had 20 goals, I had a number of them going low, not on purpose, but I'd see an opening around the legs. I don't see those openings anymore, but maybe I'm not looking for them as much.

Anyways, if there's a time to experiment, it's now in this league.
They say the best places to shoot (if you're looking to score) are mid height on either side... right above the pad and under the arms. I've only scored a couple of goals there as I hardly ever intentionally shoot there... but it makes sense if you think about it. You have more room for error if your accuracy is off because if you shoot too high you're still hitting the net and if you shoot too low you're probably going to get a rebound. Also, I find that most lower level beer-league goalies get handcuffed easily if you shoot UNDER their arm as opposed to over their shoulder.