View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Being completely genuine, I re-read your posts, and I think where we broke down in our line of agreement was when you questioned Gally for defending Price, which I took as you don't think he was right, so I apologize if what you meant was that Gally didn't defend Price enough, but it doesn't seem like you said that. (Thus the confusion since me posting the video backed up your point, though you disagree.)

It seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that you (like me) also wanted the team to back Carey up and they didn't. I just don't understand why you are jumping on Gallgher (of all people) for admitting that this is exactly what they did. I posted it to highlight that the players recognized certain points in the game where Carey brought the game back to them and then they failed and that it's not just run of the mill not throwing your goalie to the wolves.

So misunderstanding on both sides I think. I think we actually agree, but when the posts are fast and furious, things get misconstrued.
Personally, when you back up your teammate in the lockerroom, especially in Montreal of all places, knowing the crowd is going to watch every single move Price makes, bad or good, after a counter-performance), you have to come up strong and let him regain his confidence by helping him as much as you can. Especially when you come out of your way to defend him and say you stand behind him. Though, what I saw yesterday is a bunch of sweet talkers who did nothing to back up what they said. To me, that says a lot about a whole lot of them, and it's a lack of respect towards Price, who is their franchise goalie.

Now, Price let in a couple of bad goals in the last few games. But he needed his teammates to actually help him, more than he ever needed them this year. And how do they respond? Gorges, one of the guys who were the most vocal about "standing up for Price", makes a perfect pass to an opponent who made it 3-2 Flyers, after Price actually bailed them out at the end of the 1st.

I have a hard time respecting sweet talkers who don,t back up their words. And to me, Gorges did exactly that yesterday.

Now, I might have been harsh with Gallagher, but the display of this team disgusted me so much yesterday, that I would expect less talk and more substance on the ice going forward.

To me, we saw the true colors of quite a couple of skaters yesterday. Especially since it was a lack of effort more than anything else.