Thread: Equipment: Recommend some shoulder pads!
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
leftwinger37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I personally use the cheapest ones I can find. IMO shoulder pads are the least important piece of equipment hockey players are required to wear.
I used to say that, too... Until I broke my shoulder... Twice.

To the OP: I'm going to jump on the CCM bandwagon. I love the design of the 2011 U+ series; In my opinion, they're the best combination of mobility and protection while still maintaining a low-profile.

Since I've got a history with shoulder problems, I've favored JDP caps for years. I was on the fence about trying the CCMs and when the U+ 09s hit the clearance rack, I made the switch. I just upgraded from the CCM U+ 09 to the U+ Pro and if you can find either in your size I would recommend them.

Based on the Vectors that you had previously, the fit will be similar so it's not much of an adjustment... other than the reduced bulkiness. I don't know your preference as far as fit, but it sounds like you'd need a small (I'm 6'1" 210 lbs and medium U+09/Pros fit me better than any shoulder pad I've owned). If this is the case, it looks like you can still find smalls on clearance a few different places. If you opt for a medium, finding them might be a little harder...

Good luck.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote