View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
We have five guys capable of top four minutes when healthy, who was really available who is better than what we have and at an acceptable price? Diaz was close to a return and Emelin was healthy, there was no reason to gamble the future on a rental who was only an upgrade on Bouillon/Weber/the Rookies. O'Byrne flat out isn't good. Bouwmeester was well out of our price range. Regehr isn't close to worth what was paid for him. Murray wouldn't have made our team if our top 6 were healthy and he was also not worth close to what was paid for him.

I think people are expecting too much of Bergevin in year one. You can't transform a roster top to bottom in one calendar year. If Marc determines Desharnais is a problem he will be moved. Same goes for most of the other guys on the roster. You couldn't have expected him to dump Desharnais immediately after the season he had last year and the francophone factor. Sure four years is a little ridiculous but I don't envision DD will play the whole contract here.

The Bouillon extension was a little questionable but depth is nice to have, I'm sure if Cube can't handle the minutes next year he'll understand being scratched. Although Therrien loves him like a son so maybe it will be mildly infuriating like Darche under Martin.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote