Old
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Different styles, same body.

Are you suggesting Max Domi won't put on any more weight? I can't think of many players who don't put on at least 10 pounds of muscle between their draft years and NHL primes. That's my point here.

Either way, the main point is his body type is substantially different than Pedan's, and as such, some scouts are probably a little more comfortable with Domi as a 1st rounder. Whether that is fair or not is up for debate.

And not that it matters, but Tie Domi didn't win fights by being bigger than the other guy, anyways.
- No, I'm not suggesting he won't put on more weight...where did I come close to saying that? As I posted above, I said I highly doubt that he plays effectively at 210 or more pounds. That's extremely heavy for someone 5'10 or maybe even 5'11. I know junior players now that 6'1 or bigger and are trying to transition to eventually jump to the pros at around 215 pounds...and that transition isn't going well considering they are too heavy. I really don't see Domi succeeding as an offensive player at 5'10 and 210.

- My point about comparing Max and Tie is that the two are different styles of players and that Tie would have to have been heavier because he was needing to have more muscle to fight guys much bigger/stronger than he was. Yeah, he didn't win fights by being stronger than guys, but I can guarantee that he would have needed much more muscle in his role than Max will need in his potential NHL role. Max is an offensive player and will need to be lighter in order to be effective in that type of role.