View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Clinching a playoff spot has more to do with it than Emelin IMHO.

We played poorly against Toronto because our goalie played like crap and dug the team a whole.

Yesterday 95% of the team, including goalie, played poorly. Not directly related to losing Emelin.

Losing Emelin hurts, but trading for a guy like Murray wouldn't really help because he is no better than Drewiske or Bouillon filling in as a top 4 guy
I agree with your sentiments about MB's decisions (we have to be patient and I'm glad he didn't move anything), but I do have to say that Emelin is a big reason for the team's play. He is vastly underrated for what he does defensively as well as in launching the counterattack. He also has a very good shot and can maneuver well at the blueline. I feel like defensively it's a trickle down effect with different pairings as well as nobody who can flat out level a guy to prevent the puck from entering our zone. I also think that he wins most of his battles, resulting in getting the puck out and that counts for a lot.

So I'd say 50% was directly related to Emelin. I have a big problem with some underacheiving fwds, however. Then again, having Markov and Emelin 5 on 5 helps them out a lot. 74 has kept the puck in the O zone so many times this year and last night it kept coming out...we had no pressure in their zone.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote