View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Just because a prospect is very good doesn't mean he won't be traded. I can't say for sure one way or another regarding whether NYI views Strome as untouchable, but given that the Islanders need in goal seems greater than their need for offense, I don't think it's impossible he would be made available.

Strome has elite potential, but so does Schneider, who's also come a lot closer towards reaching that at the NHL level. I wouldn't trade Schneider for any player that didn't have 1st line potential.
37 yr old Nabby has given them back to back good seasons, along with on ice and locker room leadership. The isles most talented goalie prospect, a 22 yr old Nilson, had an mystery illness that wasn't diagnosed until Feb./March, with the team saying they expect he'll fully recover.

The only ones who seem to think the isles are in some desperate need for goaltending, are fans of teams looking to move a goalie.

In Newsday's trade deadline article, they mentioned a possible influx of prospects next season, Snow's wish to fill team needs internally (in particular 1st line rw and 2nd line center spots). Also, Moulson is a ufa in 2014, creating another possible hole in the roster.

Isles are not giving up Strome for Schneider. They're hoping he's their longterm answer for Tavares rw.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 04-16-2013 at 04:12 PM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote