View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Because caps fans don't give a **** about gdts (at least the posters on this board).

I mean look when it was started. What's our longest GDT been this year, that one from Tampa where we're still discussing random other crap and it's STILL nowhere near post limit?
True that. Whenever I hop onto other teams pages, they have pre-game discussion threads before they actually start a GDT... some times days in advance. There are multiple GDTs because they've reached the post limit, then they have post-game recap and discussion threads. They also have GDT sign-up threads, and people have all types of crazy graphics, YouTube and audio links, newspaper articles, etc on the first post.

Our GDTs consist of pictures of tanks, gifs, and the occassional twitter update on whose playing. One guy tried to do a comprehensive (and impressive) GDT as his 1st post and was essentially booed off the stage. Most of the 1st 2 pages of that GDT were an argument over the complexity of the GDT. Has he been back since?

Last edited by AlexBrovechkin8: 04-16-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Edit: I prefer it this way. Much more entertaining.
AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote