View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
If a player on an entry-level contract is still playing in the AHL or CHL and gets called up to his NHL team to replace an injured regular, do those games count against the 10 game limit?
Yes. Being on Emergency Recall has no effect on the 10 game limit to burn a year off an ELS SPC. If they play 9(*) or less games their contract slides. If they play 10 or more, it doesn't and they burn the year.

(*) Reportedly prorated to 5 games this year due to the shortened season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old CBA Article 9.1(d)(i)
(d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC
with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that
SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be
extended for a period of one (1) year
, except that this automatic extension will not apply
to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September
16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an additional year
in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC, with the exception of Signing
Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary, games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses,
shall be extended; provided, however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be
extended in all circumstances.
There is no exception for games under Emergency Recall.

I see nothing in the new NHL/NHLPA CBA MOU which would change that.