View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 03:54 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yes, Im sure the next Wayne Gretzky is waiting for us at #15-20 in this very deep draft (aren't they all beforehand?).

Normally, I'd agree with you, but the landscape of this team is different with Lundqvist at 31 years old. This team is going to be as far away as ever when his game dips. Theres a window to win, and its in the next few years, when Lundqvist is playing at a high level. So, *****ing about not having a 1st round pick - especially when it was given up for Rick Nash - seems awfully silly.

Heres a wild idea, how about the team focuses on developing the guys they've already drafted in the 1st round - the last 3 of which have been disappointing to varying degrees.

But yea, I know, this fictional 2013 1st rounder would've been different.
Good points, now that you put it that way, I can see where you're co isn't from BRB, but I still want to stock up on our prospects, how's this hypothetical situation, what if Hank goes down with a career-ending injury, and we have 0 to show for it because we were going "all in". The best franchises figure out a way to have the best of both worlds, stock up on prospects, and keep the window for a cup open. It's not always 1 or the other, it can be both. We keep our window open, while trying our best to supply Our head scouts with draft picks.