Thread: Speculation: 2013 - Free-agent Discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
That's a pretty terrible UFA crop. I'd avoid it and explore options to improve the defense through trade or letting the young guys develop rather than overpay for someone.

If we draft a center like MacKinnon or Barkov, look to deal Stastny for defensive help, whether at the draft or at the deadline.
It's not amazing when it comes to top end talent, but there are some solid useful players on that list.

I'd also like Horton, especially if we draft Jones with our pick. Horton would be what Jones was suppose to be on Stastny's wing, and hes won a Stanley Cup recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I would love to get Regehr, but he's going to go to a Cup contender.

Also there are quite a bit of you guys that want Horton and my question is why would we want a guy who has more concussion history than Hishon?
Because if he plays this year and in the playoffs without problems, I think hes fine. Doctors have said that once a concussion heals, the player is no more likely to get a concussion than any other player. Along with the fact that hes as close to another Stewart type power forward, and would be pretty awesome on Stastny's wing IMO.

I know some people disagree because of his injury (Concussion), but hes been hitting and fighting this year without any problems. If he makes it through play-offs without any serious injury, I'd say it's safe to say hes fine moving forward. Beyond what I said above anyways...

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote