View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace, just caught some of Lowe's press conference on the Score and uh.....man do i feel bad for you guys:

Couple interesting tidbits

-Tries to take credit for getting the Oilers "within a period" of a 6th Stanley Cup (Mac-T gets the credit for that with his coaching)

Says -"We blew it up, we're in year 3 of that plan, are you trying to tell me you're impatient after 3 years?' (Considering you had 3 straight 1st overall picks and haven't even shown a lick of improvement? i'd be annoyed too) for example, Pittsburgh turned it around after 3 first overall picks, Chicago got back in the picture after 2 high picks.

- Claims because he and MacTavish both have multiple stanley cup rings, they know what it takes to win (Despite not admitting both of them rode the coattails of one of the greatest players in history to get those rings) and that whole "i have rings therefore i am a perfect candidate to run a team" doesn't fly, for reference please see Michael Jordan's Charlotte Bobcats.

I kinda wish Burke would have fought Lowe like he wanted to, would pay to see that after this debacle
Although Burke is a verbal tough guy, he had a cup of coffee in the AHL and became a lawyer. Lowe is a former NHL defenseman known for his physical play and toughness. Assuming Lowe has kept in a modicum of shape since his retirement, he would kick Burke's butt in a barn fight. In fact, we saw some evidence of Lowe's tendencies yesterday during the press conference. I think everyone can agree that Lowe is far from being a master wordsmith, but I wouldn't want to fight that guy in a barn.

What I worry about Lowe is that he is becoming a Bob Pulford. A guy who is entrenched in his upper management position with the unwavering support of ownership, which allows him to cycle through GMs and coaches with little repercussions to himself. It took Bill Wirtz passing away to remove Pulford.

Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote