Thread: Speculation: 2013 - Free-agent Discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 150
I wouldn't be too opposed to overpaying Jagr for a year to come here tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Because if he plays this year and in the playoffs without problems, I think hes fine. Doctors have said that once a concussion heals, the player is no more likely to get a concussion than any other player. Along with the fact that hes as close to another Stewart type power forward, and would be pretty awesome on Stastny's wing IMO.

I know some people disagree because of his injury (Concussion), but hes been hitting and fighting this year without any problems. If he makes it through play-offs without any serious injury, I'd say it's safe to say hes fine moving forward. Beyond what I said above anyways...
This is simply a play on words. While yes, you're no more likely to have your bell rung than anyone else, you are more likely to suffer a more severe concussion if it ever occurs again.

Once someone suffers a concussion, they have a vulnerable period of time post-concussion symptoms residing. Then they have a few years where they are more susceptible to suffering a higher degree concussion off of a lighter hit than someone previously unconcussed before.

Your brain never fully heals from something even as light as what Landeskog sustained, it just doesn't do any significant damage in the short term that we know of. Long term though, multiple concussions can lower your life expectancy. Of course, it's not an exact science since each concussion is different.

Last edited by Lonewolfe2015: 04-16-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote