Thread: Speculation: 2013 - Free-agent Discussion
View Single Post
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post

Scuderi would be nice.

People keep saying Streit only plays the right side?
I thought he played the left side, hes left handed? When I watched the last NYI vs NYR game, he played the right side on the power-play though.

Pretty sure I seen him on the left side otherwise at least once, but I only caught the final period.

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
This is simply a play on words. While yes, you're no more likely to have your bell rung than anyone else, you are more likely to suffer a more severe concussion if it ever occurs again.

Once someone suffers a concussion, they have a vulnerable period of time post-concussion symptoms residing. Then they have a few years where they are more susceptible to suffering a higher degree concussion off of a lighter hit than someone previously unconcussed before.

Your brain never fully heals from something even as light as what Landeskog sustained, it just doesn't do any significant damage in the short term that we know of. Long term though, multiple concussions can lower your life expectancy. Of course, it's not an exact science since each concussion is different.

I wouldn't be too opposed to overpaying Jagr for a year to come here tbh.
Fair enough, but Horton seems to be taking punches fine this year. Hes gotten better as the season has gone along as well. I wouldn't offer him an eight year contract (Someone might..), but 20M over four years I'd do.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote