View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
I've always loved Stalberg ever since his Leafs days. Big body, and also quick as hell. Quite physical too. He's rather similar to our own Eller, and I think they would indeed look formidable together on an offensive-minded 3rd line. Stalberg also is quite capable in his own end.

I was happy when he got traded away from the Leafs. Another one I wouldn't mind seeing in another jersey than Toronto is Matt Frattin.

But to come back to Stalberg, he's exactly the kind of player who will create a lot of time and space with his size and skating combined. On a relentless forechecking team like ours under Therrien, I would see a really good fit.
Yeah, Stalberg would be a good fit. He is a lot like Eller, not quite as skilled but even bigger, plus he seems to have learned to be a little more direct on Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Fixing the defense should be the absolute #1 priority in the off season. Forget Stalberg , we have glaring holes on the back end and it's costing us games right now. I know Diaz and Emelin are injured but the Habs still lack 2 other quality defensemen imho.

Granted that doesn't mean they can't sign a forward on top of fixing the D. Howver i'm not sure Stalberg is the answer to anything. The Habs need an Andrew Ladd type , not a Stalberg type imho

I completely agree that defense is the number 1 priority. But I'm not really sure Ladd and Stalberg are all that different anymore. Chicago basically groomed Stalberg to replace Ladd.