View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Mattb124

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
He actually did all of these things quite well last night when the game was in question. The thing that blew my mind was on three separate occasions he carried into the zone and dangled guys in the way in. I think this is an underrated part of Thornton's game because it usually happens right next to the boards and we can't see it too well, but he can stickhandle really well, especially considering the length of his stick (twss!)
On the one dangle I remember he came down the right side, played the puck through the legs of a Phoenix player, recovered the puck, turned back and then puked up the puck to the Coyotes feeding a rush the other way. That is part of what I am talking about. To my eye he seems less noticable for the right reasons (godly passes, take-aways, strong possession) since shortly after Burns got moved to his line and probably just as noticable for the wrong reasons as during the first 1/2 of the season (giveaways: 2 last night with 0 takeaways per the NHL Box Score). I do applaud him for shooting the puck more.

Last edited by Mattb124: 04-16-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote