View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post

My intuition is that KalPa would’ve been a good fit for Vaakanainen. Kuopio is close to Joensuu, the culture is similar and KalPa’s style of play compels defensemen to take a notable role with the puck. Moving to capital region has its own distractions and at this point it’s not a given that Vaakanainen gets a leading role with Blues’ Jr.B team next season. Carrying the team on your shoulders is what develops players the best and I’m not sure Blues can offer that, top responsibilities are often divided to several players there.
Generally I think it's a good thing for a young player to be in an environment which provides a lot of challenges. Whatever the thing is you do I think it's benefitial to surround yourself with people that are good in what you do, not worse. It is likely that an environment of high competition and high level of talent will only push each individual more. In an "easy" environment it's easier to sit back a bit and not be pushing every small edge. Of course there are many things to consider when choosing / changing teams, so there's no way for anyone on an internet forum to say for sure what is best for anyone. And I don't base this post on facts or research, but intuition. So basically just my 2c.