View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Phu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
On the one dangle I remember he came down the right side, played the puck through the legs of a Phoenix player, recovered the puck, turned back and then puked up the puck to the Coyotes feeding a rush the other way. That is part of what I am talking about. To my eye he seems less noticable for the right reasons (godly passes, take-aways, strong possession) since shortly after Burns got moved to his line and probably just as noticable for the wrong reasons as during the first 1/2 of the season (giveaways: 2 last night with 0 takeaways per the NHL Box Score). I do applaud him for shooting the puck more.
I saw that. The puck got checked off his stick because his other players did not get open quickly enough. Given that he had just done something he pretty much never does, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt on that one and say it was just an unexpected play. That said, Jumbo has always had a lot of turovers because of how he plays, so I don't see why it's suddenly surprising. He doesn't have Pavelski and Marleau on his wings right now so that line isn't going to be quite as devastating as it has been.

One thing I do notice is that, purposely or not, players on that line aren't forcing pucks to him as much as they have in the past. They will make relatively safe, effective plays on their own rather than try to feed it to Jumbo further away. That's probably taking some getting used to.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote