View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 06:53 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Here's a mock draft from NHL numbers... based on their weighted consensus draft rankings from 7 sources including Bob McKenzie... and also based on where they see each team finishing in the standings(based on their proprietary algorithm):

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/4/14/2013...non-seth-jones

1 Florida Seth Jones
2 Colorado Nathan MacKinnon
3 Calgary Jonathan Drouin
4 Carolina Aleksander Barkov
5 Tampa Bay Valeri Nichushkin
6 Nashville Elias Lindholm
7 Philadelphia Sean Monahan
8 Buffalo Darnell Nurse
9 Edmonton Hunter Shinkaruk
10 Winnipeg Rasmus Ristolainen
11 New Jersey Nikita Zadorov
12 Phoenix Ryan Pulock
13 Columbus Adam Erne
14 Dallas Josh Morrissey
15 Detroit Max Domi
16 NY Islanders Curtis Lazar
17 Columbus Anthony Mantha
18 Buffalo Frederik Gauthier
19 Ottawa Bo Horvat
20 San Jose Alexander Wennberg
21 Calgary Kerby Rychel
22 Toronto Robert Hagg
23 Columbus Andre Burakovsky
24 Boston Artturi Lehkonen
25 Washington Jason Dickinson
26 Vancouver Morgan Klimchuk
27 Anaheim Steve Santini
28 Montreal Valentin Zykov
29 Calgary J.T. Compher
30 Chicago Ryan Hartman

I don't know about you all... but that looks like a "worst case scenario" to me.

Not only picking 9th and missing out on all of the "BIG 8"... but then not picking any of the next tier of dmen... Pulock/Ristolainen/Zadorov/Morrissey.

Picking Shinkaruk at #9... even if he is BPA at that point, doesn't get me very excited. I'd rather have them go "off the board" at that point and just pick Lazar instead if they were going to pick a smallish (yet talented winger).

Again, I REALLY want the Oilers to pick in the top 8.... and ideally top 7 because that really opens up the options. "Falling" to #9 or #10 puts them in a slightly lower tier although I certainly wouldn't mind Pulock or Ristolainen in Oilers silks.
As of today we are picking 8th so we would at least get Nurse, do you think PHI would take Nurse knowing that they are so deep at centre but have no dmen.