View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 07:11 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
So panic has set in I see, and some fans are already turning against Bergevin, the same guy they were praising not all that long ago? Come on people... never too high, never too low!

Bergevin tried to address the lack of toughness by signing Prust. He could not predict that Travis Moen would become a figure skater and that Ryan White would lose his mind and his game at the same time.

When he realized that, he tried to get Sestito but Vancouver beat him to it because of their place in the standings. He then tried to get Clowe but he was way too expansive.

I say give the GM until this summer and you'll see that problem being addressed. Remember that the goal this year was to make the playoffs. Whatever happens now is gravy. Bergevin (and Therrien) have this team heading in the right direction.
You are correct.

Last night was a very frustrating game as we watched the Flyers beat our players on the ice, on the scoreboard and everywhere else.

The motto of take the abuse and beat the other team on the PP is proving to be a myth. No player with the talent of Gallagher should be allowed to take such punishment without a response from one of his teammates. Never.

Look at what the Flyers did to White after his dumb shoulder hit.

I will wait to see what Bergevin does in the offseason. Too late for this season. And the Leafs cant wait.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote