View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 09:56 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post

Are you making a point? Is there something about being a rookie that makes a player off limits when it comes to fighting i'm not aware of? I've been a hockey fan for 20+ years now, i've never encountered this line of thinking. As a Sabres fan who got into hockey in the late 80's i've seen Rob Ray fight 25 times in his first full season against guys like Kocur and Nilan, Brad May fight 13 times against guys like Corson and Quintal, and Matt Barnaby fight 8 times against guys like Odelein, Peluso, and Roberge. Ray, May, and Barnaby were all 6 footers. You really looking for sympathy for a 6'6 24 year old for getting his ass beat by a guy half a foot shorter because he's a rookie? This might not be the best forum for you. Not to mention, even if you wanted to follow that bizarre line of excuse making, it completely skips over the fact that Lauridsen is the one who picked the fight in the first place.
I guess the point is that in the space of 4 years Kaleta has had 3 fights with Flyers, one of which was against a guy who never fights, and another against a rookie. So your trumpeting of '3-0' seems a little hollow.

Last edited by bungle: 04-16-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Basic math and English
bungle is offline   Reply With Quote