View Single Post
Old
04-16-2013, 10:57 PM
db2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBartoli View Post
The starting block for nay coach is to have a culture where players will play for you. These guys are playing hard - he has the locker room behind him. Next is the x and O stuff. I cannot say whether he's the greatest game plan guy or the coach with a plan (Guy Boucher?), but nothing has shown me he is not competent. I would make make sure he always has one year beyond the year at hand. If we have to eat it, so what? Management needs to show they believe so the players believe.
I agree with this. He seems to really have galvanized the room. It must have been tough with the poor record to start and so many close losses. And it must be very gratifying now that the team is learning to compete.

As far as tactics/line changes, criticisms of Richards seem fair. He does seem a bit hard-headed about that, and the finish that the 3rd line had in Colorado probably encourages that. Although recently he has admitted to manipulating combos in order to spark something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Forget Richards. Jarmo needs to summon the guy in charge of the power play.
Yeah, the power play really is so atrocious. It hasn't helped that Wiz has missed chunks of time, and now Brass is gone. If the PP were only halfway decent

Why isn't Erixon playing, again? Did he get hurt?

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote