View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 01:18 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
I disagree, I personally used to wear Bauer Shoulder Pads that I purchased in 2011...I find that I lose mobility and feel significantly hindered in finding the puck while wearing the shoulder pads, I feel completely top heavy and cannot make quick movements if the puck is near me...I play for 3 teams full time year round and average about 70 games per Winter, since I made the decision to stop wearing shoulder pads my range of motion has increased dramatically, im able to pick the puck up a lot quicker and just feel more confident with the puck.

My goal scoring has gone up dramatically and my puck location/sonar is a lot better...with that said, I don't recommend people not wear shoulder pads...Im an idiot as I'm the type of player who blocks shots and im always concerned about catching a puck to the chest and getting seriously heart...i've started just covering my chest with my gloves when attempting to block a shot.

Maybe I just haven't found the right shoulder pads but the brand new bauers i purchased a few years back just completely bog me down.
I don't know about playing without shoulder pads, but the ones I got have a number of pieces that use velcro and are detachable. I've found the greatest level of comfort from detaching the arm guards, so what's left is the top shoulder pads and the chest/back protector. I feel no restriction in my movement this way and only have to expose a minimal amount of skin.