Thread: Value of: Sergey Bobrovsky
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 03:45 AM
TheTechNoir

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Brobovsky did a good job in 2010-2011 as a 22yo starter with 54gp and .915%.

Is this elite number? I will let you judge, but for comparison .915% is Carey Price career saves %.
Not saying I disagree with you or not, simply making a comment. In '10-'11 Philly's defense was actually good. Quite good in fact, had pronger played the whole year it was an upgrade from the previous season, in which their top-4 d alone carried the team to game 6 of the stanley cup finals. They may have won the cup if they had a 5th and 6th d-man that was a decent 3rd string defender, instead they had scrubs by AHL standards and the wear of having them only playing very tiny minutes over the entire playoffs got the best of the top-4 eventually. So just pointing out if anyone isn't aware and assumes (justifiably so) that Philly had ****** defense that year, they didn't.

I love Bobrovsky though. I agree, I have doubt that Bob could make any bottom-5 team fight for a playoff position. Also it remains to be seen whether or not he has it in him to handle the pressures of the playoffs. Perhaps he will, perhaps he won't. Don't know yet. But he has proven a decent amount in regular season play, would definitely still like him to be in PHI. Loved him since the pre-season of '10.

As for bob for scheinder + 1st, that's ridiculous.

Last edited by TheTechNoir: 04-17-2013 at 03:51 AM.
TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote