View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail and Nuge View Post
I can't help but think that the worst thing we could do for this guy is put him directly into the NHL.

Look at Schultz. (Justin, not the idol for Klefbom that is our veritable top 4 d-man Nick). Justin is now officially struggling. He has hit -17 in +/- and is getting murdered in the post game E. Journal analysis. I am a huge, massive, gigantic Justin fan. However, the kid has hit the wall.

So, if Justin hits the wall, despite: a) being healthy and not coming off significant surgery, and b) destroying the AHL, exactly what chance does Klefbom have?

Please. Send Klefa to the AHL. Bring in another top d-man by using your assets (The 2013 1st overall, Gagner, Hemsky) and develop Klefbom in a logical, stepwise progression.
Same chance as everyone else.

Since when did Schultz become the point of reference for all young defencemen? Especially for one who doesn't even remotely resemble Schultz in terms of how they play the game and/or in body size/strength.

I wouldn't mind another D but man it's depressing how little faith people seem to have for the normal process that the organization has for deciding where a player should be playing.

He will most probably be given a couple of games from the start, then depending on how it goes they either send him to OKC or keep him up. I hope he stays up because that would mean, literally, that he's an improvement of what we already have on our blue line.

Why can't we just be happy that we have a prospect who is so talented that he is by many considered a lock for next year's line up and a future 1st pairing D? Who knows what will happen but I am thrilled that he is considered highly by the organization as I think they actually do know a thing or two about hockey players and potential.