Thread: Post Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers | 4/16/13 | Backups
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 08:59 AM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen North View Post
Obviously I'm not an NHL coach, but the thing that stood out most to me on the PP was the "dump and chase" dump-ins trying to gain the zone. How can you retain puck possesion if you just dump it in from center ice to let the defensemen on the PK just catch the dump-in and toss it back out?

That boggled my mind.
I was flipping out every time this was happening. I remember one play yesterday where Girardi actually dumped it in on the PP and he was the ONLY guy who chased. Why the **** is our offensively inept defensemen the only guy chasing the puck offensively on a ****ing PP?

I'm not a coach either but I've watched hockey since the day I was born and been to about 500+ games. I don't think I'm a know it all, but by all means this can't be a good method. The only way I see this working is if we have Hags and Kreider playing and speeding into the zone the SECOND it is dumped from center ice. Even then it seems stupid to me but it might be slightly more effective.

Having Clowe and Richards and whoever else is slow as **** chase after it just seems moot to me.

Timmonen had the penalty kill made in the shade for him last night.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote