Thread: Player Discussion: Andrei Markov
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Demon Wolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think his leg holing up for 82 games is an issue. ACL surgery if they heal well, should be just like new. Guys like Malkin Wisniewski Galchenyuk have come back and played some of their best hockey after ACL surgery.

This year's 48 games is tougher than next year's 82 as there will be more off days between games and less condensed schedule. Playing huge minutes and recovery time may be Markov's biggest problem.
Markov has had good and bad games, but we must remember this is his first full season in years. Overall he's been very good. Tough minutes against tough opponents. It's easy to get hung up on the times he gets burned due to lack of foot speed, but he's remarkably solid in our zone with good stick work, poke checks and outlet passes that are second to none. I think we'll see an improvement next year. He's actually performed above my expectations. His skating is not good but his vision and hockey IQ is intact. He just needs to adjust to his limitations and he'll continue to be effective for us for a long time.

He's genius on the PP. His passing, his shot, his movement... it's a joy to watch.

Demon Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote