View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
you forgot to answer my question about how you think the series would have gone if Joseph and Potvin traded teams. Should we look up the shots for that series? review some footage? or do you remember it well enough without that stuff? If you do, I'm pretty sure there is NO WAY you could say the series would have gone 7 games, and been so close, if Joseph wasn't in the Blues net.

he may have been on the winning team, but the Cat did NOT out play Joseph in that series. Quite the opposite despite the Leafs moving on.
I'll leave the admiration of the opposition goalie to you, as I prefer to focus on my Leafs goalie, cheering him on instead.

Felix Potvin let in only 11 goals in 7 games (a sparkling 1.57 goals against average) in that series verses Cujo who let in 22.

Without Potvin in Leafs net, I agree the series doesn't go 7 games for Toronto, as they're eliminated earlier. If you believe that Cujo would have given up less than < 11 goals in 7 games than that is up to you to speculate on for your own admiration purposes. Blues stars like 50+ goal scorers Brett Hull & Brendan Shanahan simply couldn't dent the amour of Felix the Cat, as he kept their snipers at bay in the series to the best of his abilities.

Dougie's wrap-around goal in the 2nd OT period beating Cujo giving Leafs a 2-1 win, is among the most memorable Leaf plays of recent history, and without Felix in Toronto's net that never happens.

Last edited by Mess: 04-17-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote